Travel Photography: Tucson Train StationJune 22nd, 2009
For a long time, the Amtrak station was a Downtown Tucson afterthought. There wasn't much reason for going there unless you had to catch a train or you were meeting someone arriving by rail. And did I mention that rail service to Tucson is not a daily thing?
The station was renovated not too long ago, and it's now home to a pretty good restaurant and convenience mart called Maynards Market and Kitchen. Restaurant patrons can enjoy patio dining while watching the trains go by. Or they can watch each other...
The people shown above are part of the crowd that turns out for the weekly Meet Me at Maynards Social Run/Walk through Downtown Tucson.
- Event Photography: Live Music in Downtown Tucson, Arizona
- Event Photography: Rock and Stroll through Downtown Tucson
- Event Photography: Another Monday Evening Walkabout
- Event Photography: Meet Me at Maynards Social Run and Walk
- Photo Essay: Downtown Tucson Revisited